Monday, May 16, 2005

imma relationship wrecker plus.. overview of life

Date: 15th March
Time: 11:39pm

By mid week of my first few days in Colombo I was already dreading the weekend. I mean if the weekdays had been so boring, what would the weekend be like? I know people go out more on the weekend and therefore it should be more fun than weekdays, but in Colombo, especially during the day, people just like to rest and do nothing. I don’t mind that because I am definitely not a morning (or afternoon) person but being at home was going to be extra worse. My mother usually watches TV for pretty much the entire day so this takes up her time very well. However, during the weekend, the prime time soaps she absolutely adores don’t show which enables her to pay more attention to her children. So in our small little house, small only because I don’t have my own room, her attention becomes a gross invasion of non-existent privacy. I love my mum, but this becomes too much when my sister too, stays in bed the entire day enjoying her weekend. Usually, I can escape to my sister’s room but when she is there, its not so much escape but falling into another deeper, darker trap.

I exaggerate but do feel sorry for me.

Anyway, like always, my dread was unwarranted. I know my last post, which was posted in the wee hours of Saturday, should have bought up to date on the events of Friday but well, it didn’t. Ha Ha. So let me just go right ahead.

I went out for dinner with my school friends on Friday night. We were actually supposed to go clubbing but the object of my friend’s overly amorphous affection cancelled out last minute, so her brethren of ‘best’ friends had to understand the unworthiness of going out without him and therefore cancelling the entire plan seemed like the best thing.

On we proceeded to get some good ol’ Sri Lankan prepared Chinese food at ‘Flower Drum’. It was all in all a pretty good evening as far as company was concerned but I found out some pretty interesting stuff too.

Just before going for dinner I dropped into my infatuated friend’s house for a bit of catching up. She told me that the guy who was interested in her aeons ago (incidentally he’s also part of our clique and was joining us for dinner later) actually hates me. I was like ‘huh’? So apparently, the reason he hates me is because I used to call her up even when I knew he had a massive crush on her.

Now she is my best friend and being the good soul I was, I encouraged her to go out with him. In fact, in those early days, most of my phone conversations with her used to centre around him and about her conflicted feelings for him. So imagine my shock that he used to think that I was calling her because I had feelings for her!! How absurd!! He still feels that I was the one who kept them apart because I was too much of a selfish bastard to give him a try. I can understand the jealousy he might have felt because she and I used to hang around a lot but I guess he didn’t really understand the concept of a best friend. The prick doesn’t realize that it was HIM that turned her off in the first place. How dare he suggest I am a relationship (or lack thereof) breaker!! I realize that I’m giving myself too much credit but his bitching has gone beyond our immediate social circle and I am just itching to give him a piece of my mind.
Also he feels that the comfort zone I share with her is way too inappropriate. He keeps on advising her about how I have an ulterior motive if I for example give her a random hug or a random spank on her ass. Ha ha. If only he knew me better he would realize that I spank a lot of people’s asses and even though I know I am a slut, there is no way in hell that I could sleep with ALL the people I’ve spanked before! Seriously if this is not attempting to tarnish one’s name I don’t know what is. Fucking hypocritical religious bastard!!

I’m not pissed with him, I’m quite indifferent to it because honestly, his opinion matters the least to me. I actually enjoyed being in the same room with him and observing his reactions when I intentionally spanked his ex-almost-lover’s ass and flirted with her indiscriminately. It’s all very immature and childish but fun as hell! I swear he’s such a stupid dick.

Saturday was a relaxing day as well. Just did nothing the entire day but watch cable and just stew in my own environment. Environment, what a politically correct, un-crude word… In the night, my mum and I went to Navaratnam for dinner. It’s an Indian restaurant at the Taj Samudra hotel. It was a very good dinner although we over-ordered and consequently ate toooo much. To all the Mallu’s I know, the Coconut Pepper Chicken was awesome. It was listed in the menu as one of Kerala’s finest dishes so I thought, hey why not try it. It was pretty good shite!!!

After dinner I dropped dearest momma home and took a trishaw to the nearest cigarette shop to buy myself a pack of Marlboro Lights- my first in almost 10 days! Then I met up with some of my NUS friends for drinks at a country club of sorts. We drank there for a while and ended up at a club around 1am. It was a good night; the music and company were brilliant. I think I might have strained my neck a bit too much but it’s all good. Nadeeka thought the waiter hit on me! Of course I didn’t realize it. I was quite drunk when I got home but after a quick spray of deodorant, wash of face, brush of teeth/tongue I was good to face the Gorgon Medusa….i.e. Mother. But luckily she was dead to the world so I just slipped into bed and fell asleep.

Sunday was relatively dead. I read a bit and went with Bu to Nads’s place. We ended up chatting and bitching for almost 2 hours. Kinda fun lah! After that came home, dropped mum and sis off at a Mehendi party and came home to embrace an empty house for the first time since I’ve been back. I watched bits and pieces of The Forgotten and chatted on the phone. I also, treated myself to a bit of alone time. Hee Hee.

I’ve just about run out of steam to type out anything more so I shall sign off now okilah?

Song of the moment: The Lonely Shepherd- Zamfir

2 comments:

kuriakonz said...

God! how long are you gonna hide that drunken stink from your momma??

mehndi party? sister's? why dint you stay then? sister's gettin married right? when when when... must tapao food for us ok? heheh

the-lines-of-beauty said...

dumbass!!! u don't know my momma!! she lives in a world of 11th century morals.. which come to think about it.. should be nice since the people then were such sluts.. but. she prolly holds the morals of a Christian Church.. oops no offense.. a very uncorrupt church.. i just realized.. what a whole load of 'mum' references in the blog...

i swear i am not a momma's boy!! i really, really am not..

also.. my sister and mom went to ANOTHER person's mehendi.. omg.. if it was my sisters..i would be there.. with my walkie talkie.. dancing to Main Hoon Na songs and getting drunkety drunk..