Key high - and low - lights of the year:
- January 2009: fantastic birthday bash, trip to bali which was fucking fantastic coz it included bungee jumping (scariest thing I've ever done and has resulted in 'falling off a cliff/building' dreams to go through the roof), water sports (parasailing (pretty scary, but not really)), drinking with the bestest group of friends one could have, clubbing, eating great food and shopping!! only sore point was when I accidentally deleted 400 pictures from my camera one day we were supposed to leave Bali
- Oscar movie season: Slumdog Millionaire, Milk, The Reader, The Wrestler, Doubt, Rachel Getting Married, Changeling, Gran Torino, Revolutionary Road - all wonderful movies - spoilt the market for the rest of the shit that came out from March to August 2009
- Kate Winslet - winning the Oscar (and the golden globe (two), screen actor's guild award, BAFTA and every other blooming acting award)
- Other great movies of the year: Hangover, District 9, The Informant!, 500 Days of Summer, Inglourious Basterds, Departures, Brick Lane
- Best first date ever: Holi celebrations! We meet again next Holi!
- Befriended the Frenchies!!
- Entered into a national short story competition with high hopes. Hopes were dashed..
- Travelled to Hong Kong and Thailand all by my lonesome on work. Woot!
- Long time flatmate and FGF (fucking good friend) Anirudh left for the US to pursue his PhD
- Acquired a new flatmate and great friend (recruited from office!!)
- Got promoted without a raise
- Housewarming Bash - tip top party of the year but got too drunk
- Starbucks delivery. Belgian waffles (but nothing beats the Banana muffin). Millions of Lattes.
- Acquired a significant other. But turns out I wasn't as significant
- And of course, spent loads and loads of time with the More Than Significant Others - the besties.
The year is not done yet. I am hopeful for better things to come: people, movies (Avatar!!!), better working conditions. And great love. Fingers crossed.