Saturday, August 27, 2005

striptease for me baby

how nice would it be if one could just do anything one wanted, without feeling that one would offend or piss off anyone else, or just that you didn't care even if you did?

I would love to tell the taxi driver to stuff it if he started talking to me and I didn't feel like reciprocating, which is most of the time. I would really relish the opportunity to slap all those people who try to get on to the bus without waiting for people to get out. With campus bursting at its seams these days, this is something that occurs on a daily basis. I really don't know how to deal with my anger when people at the bus stop push themselves up even though they know that people are still pushing their way out of the damn bus. The other day I called a girl an asshole when she did it and even though she was a fucking bitch to do what she did, the look on her face-one of pure terror-is something I am quite ashamed of. It's like my head just implodes when something like this happens. It's pretty scary when you come to think of it because I really do think I might be regressing into a childhood characterized by a very bad temper.

I normally get annoyed with over-zealous taxi drivers and the bus people, but the anger is never concentrated enough to verbalize itself. That my dears, is fucking scary.

The queue's in Singapore are something I have never had the patience for but over time I have come to deal with them (mostly by calling a cab, walking to a smaller one, or smoking excessively to while away the time). Of recent times, however, I just become rude, crotchety and downright mean when it comes to standing in queues. I am ashamed to tell you that even though the people at the PGP canteen have been nothing but nice to me, I just snap out my order and wait in silence for my food to come, even though they look at me and try to start a conversation. My behavior is shockingly disgraceful but what does one do when one feels so alienated and unsociable? I wish I didn't have to venture out into the open but I can't be expected to cook my own food, manufacture my own medicine or wash my clothes in my room.

Anyway, let us all hold each other's hands and hope that all of this is just a phase. However, make sure you wash your hands thoroughly before and after all the touching.

1 comment:

kuriakonz said...

to world peace!