Monday, August 01, 2005

end of days

Work ended on Friday and it was a pretty good day. I actually finished off whatever was pending and handed it in to the relevant parties. I was working on Procter & Gamble’s Rejoice shampoo which although is an enormously successful international brand (1000 bottles sold per minute), is kind of a dead product in the local market. What I had to do was just do some consumer and trade research to shed some light on what P&G can do to revive the brand in Sri Lanka. Well I had been sitting on the research I had done for over a week so I just had to get it all out and properly put it together in a short, coherent report type of thing. Apart from that, I just hung about taking smoking breaks intermittently with some of my usual smoking buddies, Shehara and Petrina.

During lunch hour, I met up with some of my non-work friends at Commons. I had the teriyaki chicken rice with some trepidation (because, you know, in Singapore, you get some kick-ass teriyaki chicken) but quite wonderfully (?), it tasted great. Now I know, this piece of information is totally boring and interesting to YOU, but for me it was an amazing stroke of luck. How very refreshing. I also went to the mall to get a gift for a friend and weirdly, I bumped into an old friend who gave me a bit of shocking news about himself but let us not get into that here.

After lunch, I came back to the office and went with Shehara to my house to pick up the cream buns and éclairs I had bought to distribute it around the office. It being my last day, I thought, why not treat the people who have figured very deeply in the reason why I enjoyed the internship so much. Anyhow, that went alright since I got a piece of the treat too!

Came back home around 6.30pm and relaxed for a while until Ashanie calls and tells me to come for a drink to the Library. Since I hadn’t seen her for aeons, I thought it would be a good opportunity for me to chill with her and get us both updated on the happenings in our life. Anyway, I get ready around 10 45pm and meet her at the Library and her generous boyfriend just keeps the drinks coming. It was SO nice to sip screwdrivers for once, especially after having drunk hundreds of litres of arrack & coke over the past 3 months. Needless to say, the party didn’t end there. We continued onto R’n’B which is a pub-club type thing very close to where I live. Ash’s boyfriend’s good friend was there too and he entertained us with stories about hostile cervixes, sperm motility, umbilical cords and bleeding vaginas. In case you didn’t guess already, he is a gynaecologist! Very fun!

Met up with Shavanka at R’n’B and had a jolly good time getting absolutely wasted. By the time the festivities ended, it was around 3am. Shavanka and I dropped Ash home and then drove around for a while because I was sooo not in a state to go home!! Anyway, it was 4am by the time I reached home and thank the lord, mum was pretty much comatose so didn’t get into any trouble. I woke up the next morning in a bit of a panic because I couldn’t remember where I had hidden my cigarettes but luckily for me, I opened up the book cupboard and there they were, in plain sight! So trouble was fully averted.

The rest of the morning, afternoon and evening were spent in zombie-like state as I slowly got over my hangover and prepared myself for another night of partying ahead of me. Some of the guys at LB and a few friends thought they would throw me a farewell party/get-together type thing and I of course didn’t complain. Anyway, it was held at Arun’s flat which is right opposite the prison but ironically so, his flat looked anything but sinister. Arun’s a guy who works in the creative department at LB and until yesterday I didn’t realize he’s a very cool guy.

You would think that interning for two months at a place chock full of party-animals would have prepared me for the amount of high-inducing materials floating around at this party, but you would have thought wrong. There was at the very least, lots of booze. Old Reserve arrack is the only way to go! Then there were smokes, as usual. Lots of weed, yay! Jelly shots! Liquor chocolates! The Complete Works! Even Shakespeare would have stared in shock and disbelief with naughty thoughts running through his head. By 2.30 we were all pretty much gone and we decided that it was a good time to go home. I had so much fun!

Anyhow, I’m pretty bored with this post so I shall end now.

Oh fuck… no work tomorrow. What the fuck am I going to do?

Sleep? Sounds good lah.
Must stop having conversations with myself. Resolution #1.

2 comments:

sherene said...

:)
Good stuff..
You back in Sg already?
Weed, you said? I waaaaaaaaaaaaaaant!

Pufflet said...

do a post , kanna. or ill elephunk u.louve - me