Thursday, April 28, 2005

Tests and more....

It seems fitting that during exams that I should put myself through a barrage of tests not concerned with the exams at all. It is in my honest and humble opinion strangely justified that I should do something to hone that certain set of skills that will enable me to shine at my upcoming academic exams.

*obviously, as most of you might know, my exams are now finished, but like I've said before, why waste a blog post already in the works.

well please put up with me.. and god bless to u too.


Who's your Disney Alter-Ego Test

You scored as The Beast.
Your alter ego is The Beast! But that is only a name... you are kind hearted and sweet, people just misunderstand you.

The Beast- 100%
Donald Duck- 69%
Cinderella- 69%
Goofy- 56%
Ariel- 56%
Sleeping Beauty- 56%
Cruella De Ville- 44%
Peter Pan- 44%
Snow White- 44%
Pinocchio- 44%

Excuse me but The Beast? Enough said. I always thought I was Peter Pan, please politely muffle the disbelief ok!! And Cinderella comes up on the list how? However I should be glad that I am not Snow White. Chi.

Which religion is the right one for you?

You scored as agnosticism.
You are an agnostic. Though it is generally taken that agnostics neither believe nor disbelieve in God, it is possible to be a theist or atheist in addition to an agnostic. Agnostics don't believe it is possible to prove the existence of God (nor lack thereof). Agnosticism is a philosophy that God's existence cannot be proven. Some say it is possible to be agnostic and follow a religion; however, one cannot be a devout believer if he or she does not truly believe.

agnosticism- 88%
Buddhism- 79%
Satanism- 75%
Islam- 75%
atheism- 50%
Paganism- 50%
Hinduism- 46%
Judaism- 42%
Christianity- 29%

Ok so I think this is VERY accurate. Although, I do sincerely believe in God's existence. I believe that he created us. I believe also that religion is man's creation and therefore, inevitably, corrupt, flawed and biased. In additon, I would like to say that religion in itself is not a bad thing as it allows you to articulate your faiths in some manner that is familiar to you. Take for instance the fact that my prayers are irrevocably Hindu in nature, even though I don't believe in the existence of specific deities. One higher power. That's all. Satanism? Rigggghtt.

What's your High-School Stereotype?

You are a Loner.

Loner- 75%
Goth- 63%
Ghetto gangsta- 63%
Geek- 63%
Prep/Jock/Cheerleader- 56%
Punk/Rebel- 56%
Drama nerd- 44%
Stoner- 25%

OMG. What a load of cock!! Anyways, I personally think I am a loner SOMETIMES. However, more often than not, I am like a (social) butterfly in a field full of daffodils (although in my fantasy, it's a field of strawberries). Ahh well, the reliability and validity of these tests are very much in question here since they classify me as being equally Goth(which I am not), Ghetto Gangsta (which is hilarious) and a Geek (which yes, I think I agree with that). Hmm, but just to be a bit more objective in critiquing these tests, by classifying that I am equally popular and geekish.. I would say that it is pretty damn accurate for what I mostly feel about myself. Very confused and therefore angst-ridden in the rush to attach a label to myself (and everyone else).

Right I am done with tests. Damn you Kundi and Sherene. ooo so much fun lah.

Anyways, YES, i am done with TESTS!!!!! yay! exams were a bitch this time. I don't think I did too shabbily but the feelings of preparation and sense of confidence that usually precedes these fateful days was definitely absent this time around. I've been a bit distracted. Extremely nice distraction though. It takes a LOT to take me from my books at the end of semester and believe you me when I say LOT. So what am I really trying to say here? SEXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX!!! no but seriously, its helluva fun and nice to talk to someone without the requisite expectations.. so therefore, it seems, that personality plays a big factor this time around.. and i like.. i like... God someone's getting a massive ego boost here... Anyway, the last exam was awesome. the two preceding it were not that great, but like I said, how bad could I have screwed up especially when I feel that I did not (screw up)? I think I might be jinxing myself here so I am gonna shut up about exams now.

What Am I Doing Now: Typing Blog, Listening to Lose my Breath by Destiny's Child, in this white tshirt with BITCH printed on it. Nice.

Feeling: Blissful, Relaxed and Content

Yes. So yesterday, in lieu of finishing exams and Sujan's birthday, a few of us went to Coyote Ugly and Tiki Bar. The crowd consisted of Sujan, Chamila-boy, Pavithra-boy, Nadeeka, Shiny and Myself. We started off the night at the sultan, with a bottle of Jim Beam and a half-bottle of Johnny. Nadeeka says I was being atrociously happy. She's just jealous that I'm done with exams and she is NOT. muhuhahaha. Well, I had a brilliant time!! Anyway, being whacked as we were, the concept of having more alcohol was enthusiastically agreed to and we preceded too Tiki Bar minus Nadeeka (common sense prevailed). So liquid buffet was on and the music was good. I don't remember a single song from there, but I do remember dancing like mad and also peeing a lot.. Anyways, Shiny and I decide to vist one of Singapore's more subversive clubs so we sneak out and jump into a cab. Two minutes later, we realize we don't have any cash on us. So we tell uncle-uncle to stop the cab next to an ATM machine and withdraw money very fast, or as fast as two drunkards can sensibly press the correct buttons. Get back into the cab and again, realize that it is really is very rude we didn't tell anyone that we left. So we about turn and come back to Tiki Bar. Utterly useless trip, waste of money. BUT SO MUCH FUN. I am a big fan of the fun as you might have realized.

Anyways, we trudge out of Tiki Bar, reluctantly and collectively hanging our heads and admitting to ourselves we might have drunk one (twenty) too many. Go for supper behind Boat Quay. Don't remember what I ate but Do remember two chicks sitting next to our table. One pretty one and one fat one (fat doesn't mean ugly ok, but in this case, fat was quite ugly). So i start talking to the fat one and Sujan leers at the pretty one. Hee Hee. Sujan is one funny guy. a little excerpt from our conversation/s:

Fat: Oh my god, you are so drunk. You Indian men really cannot handle your liquor.

Me: Atleast I'm not Fat.

(actually I AM a bit on the heavy side, but you should have seen HER).

Pretty: I am Ceylonese*

Sujan: So? What is your surname?

Pretty: Ganesh

Sujan: Oh so your Tamil?

Pretty: Erm, I think so. Tamils are cool aren't they?

Er. right. Pretty was kinda bimbotic. I prefer fat coz after our scintillating start, we really dished out the insults and it turned out to be quite fun and very adult-ish. Ha!

After supper for no particular reason told everyone to take cabs and I would go last.

Problem: Everyone is gone and no cab in sight.

I think i contemplated sleeping on the pavement for the night but luckily a cab came along. the next memory I have is waking in my bed at 2pm in my boxers only and contacts still in my eyes. woke up then, chilled around. sweated alcohol. drank a lot of water. generally nursed the mother of all hangovers with liberal doses of desperate housewives which i watched with nadeeka who very generously bought over lunch!

So slept after that. Met Shashin and Nadeeka and went out for dinner around 9 30. NYDC, Holland Village. Ate the chicken salad!!! it was fucking good. and not so salady and healthy which was a big relief. Had Mango sorbet at HaƤgen Dazs and came back home. Met Adam there, apparently on his one year anniversary dinner.

Yay. Successful day. Also took great pleasure in throwing out the papers collected over this semester. Readings, Books, Notes--> i wish i could piss on them. tsk tsk.

Awright then, this has been an extremely long post for me. So I should just go. Have Sin City and Hannibal on my computer wating to be watched. I love verbosity.

also, watched the interpreter. It's an intelligent, articulate, if somewhat anti-climatic thriller with beyooootiful Nicole Kidman and brilliant Sean Penn in the lead. I loved the film. I thought it was a different take on the thriller genre. a more realistic movie devoid of cheap thrills. A- for sure. Movies that have got A+ have been movies like Kill Bill, the Hours, Far From Heaven, eternal sunshine.., the green mile, Closer, Hotel Rwanda. A- is reserved for movies like Titanic, Lola Rentt, The Aviator, the Terminal etc.

ok bye

5 comments:

kuriakonz said...

ehhe ehhem!! you were saying?

sherene said...

Grr. You had fun! *glowers*

Don't ya worry, I'm gonna be done tomorrow and totally beat you at this game :P :P

Hee.

the-lines-of-beauty said...

ha ha... beat me all you want.. HEADSTARTS CAN NEVER BE ERODED.. muhuhaha

oh and.. for anyone who cares.. the tests i did are from the website www.quizfarm.com.. totally forgot to source it in the blog and right now too lazy to actually log in and edit blah blah.

remember.. TESTS are GOOD.

ciao babies

sherene said...

How do I put this?
F*CK YOU!

I'm 9 hours away from my last debacle, hence the edginess. Hrmph!

And totally gonna trash ya at this...I have the entire summer here, remember? :P :P

sherene said...

*just for fun*

:P
:P
:P
:P

Hokie, am bored...I'm leaving :P