Friday, April 01, 2005

continuity

yo! several things have happened...! yay

well for one, i handed in my essay on Sukarno and Ho Chi Minh. An absolutely shit essay it was. Well i'm not really sure if its a shit essay, i hope not, but i have a sneaking suspicion it was.. just that internal critic going ballastic.. fuck it... I really did want to make the effort to correct it, but you see, I had just finished an essay for my South Asian module, based on the Sri-Lankan political system and its role in fucking things up big time with regard to a war, that has been raging since about the time i was concieved.. *disturbing thoughts about inappropriate acts with riots going on outside*, and THEREFORE, could i be bothered to invest another chunk of time to another essay? Obviously not..

but, that essay was really good, if i do say so myself. However, i was up doing it for almost like..er.. a day and a half? and that really screwed up my back muscles so over the last couple of days, i've been moving slowly and deliberately, much like my dear and (kinda bitchy) aunties and uncles, a.k.a the most diplomatic thing i have ever done! bravo!

so apart from feeling as if my muscles were atrophying, i had no choice but to take useless medicine given by certain unbothered and apparently very hungry doctors, which doped me up so much that my over-zealousness for studying went right out of my dusty windows, and was replaced by a certain manic desire to self-destruct.. muhaha. But, fortunately that was not to be. just popped a few painkillers, and happily went on doing my work and then slept.. and oh...! what a wonderful experience it was to wake up with just a mild soreness as opposed to a crippling pain which made me develop an insane desire for my momma to be with me... aww shucks.. but seriously, mum's make everything better.. sometimes.. heh heh.. don't want to give too much credit do we? muhaha

so yes, under the influence of these kick-ass painkillers, i did another essay and handed it in today. that was the last one! sigh... i feel kinda lost now. i have no pressing deadlines, which means, my final examination preparation starts today. but first, i had to stop this slovenly spiral i've been on in the past few days.. so i did my laundry, got my hair cut, had a long and very satisfying shower and slept with the music full-blast... ahh... and oh yes.. i shaved... im very much an anal person, so these things for me are very therapeutic but obviously, i would have been much more satisfied if i had the energy and willpower to clean my room and to cut my nails..but for right now.. im feeling pretty good... although, health wise, i'm still one sickly child. the painkillers are a great façade... but i'm so grateful to them.. lurrrrrve them... my bebe's.. sweet little capsules of utter delight...

oh yes, exam preparation sucks.. haven't done a thing for today.. but strangely feel soo good about that.. let me put an end to this post right now.. it seems a bit too academic to me, can only imagine what it must be like for the good persons who stumble across my humble weblog...

but u gotta understand, it is purely a reflection of the state of things in my life.. ahh.. the concept of privacy is gone, because i try to hold back.. but the words just flow.. i tell people too much, which strangely, has made me feel good all this time because its a form of release. but only lately has it left me feeling kinda cold, kinda exposed but there's a time and a place to discuss this, and now isn't one of them..

signing off.. cheers!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my,its good u had ur essay all done up n gearing up for exams....hah....hope u recover from ur backache soon