Wednesday, October 11, 2006

silent disappearance

There’s a line in the book The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini that I keep thinking about every few hours. It occurs on Page 329 on the Bloomsbury edition:

...Then I realized something. That last thought had brought no sting with it.....I wondered if that was how forgiveness budded, not with the fanfare of epiphany, but with pain gathering its things, packing up, and slipping away unannounced in the middle of the night.

I will this to be true. I want to wake up one day in the near future and not feel that life is a chore. I want to not feel that the only the reason I am waking up is because if I don’t, I will go hungry. I want to not feel that my family will be let down because I am trying to pursue a life that cannot be shared with them. But most of all, I just want the pain to pack up and leave, unannounced in the middle of the night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a blast (claymore or otherwise)

Missing your nonsense in Garden/Lion/Chinese City.

SAF