Wednesday, October 11, 2006

hoping

My last day at work was on October 2nd and since then I have just been suffering the abominable boredom one feels when one is suddenly jobless after 8 months. It doesn’t help that noisy construction work wakes me up from the numbness of sleep. It also doesn’t help that all I want to do is sleep. Midmorning sleep only comes in fitful bursts and leaves me entirely dissatisfied and restless.

Anyway, I have been shopping in fits and bursts (parallels!!!!) with a long lost (and now found) friend and retail therapy has been good. I go back in less than 4 days but it seems so far away. Lots of socialization to be done unfortunately (cannot be avoided and I think for my sake, has to be done). My life is full of hope and I’m hoping it’s not all in vain.
I also went for the most satisfying meal of my life. Brazilian. It was a non-date date kind of thing. It was also the most fun I've had in a long time post tummy-ache nonwithstanding. Thank you saf. My turn next time.
Anyway, I go back Oct 8th and come back to a Research Analyst job on Nov 5th. Woot.

No comments: