Sunday, January 23, 2005

mugged drunken boy

So my friends and I were walking randomly around just a few hours back. We were having quite a lot of fun. We hadn't resorted to having fun by downing drinks. Instead we were talking and just generally, living in the moment and all that jazz.

Enter lost, delirious and bloody ang-moh. Apparently, a gay bashing, or just an acid trip gone wrong. However, what mattered was that he was bleeding from a head wound, his nose a twisted fracture, his money and t-shirt gone. Amidst mumblings of attempted gay rape and empty threats to the people who did this to him the police came.

Exit ang-moh in an ambulance. We will probably never see him again. But I am glad we did'nt turn away from him and ignored him. I'm glad we were good Samiritan-esque to him. I'm so glad we didn't behave atrociously like the cashiers at the 24 hour supermarket. I also really hope the police catch the people who made him go through such a traumatic, physically threatening, humiliating experience. The world is not such a good place with people like them around. But what I wish for most is that I hope no one, my family, my friends and myself never have to go through something like that. Is that selfish?

No comments: