Tuesday, November 01, 2005

popping cherries

Friend says to me: Oh my gawd, the cherry popped in my eye.
Me: ………. (Eye-popping silence)
Me: ………..Erm. What?

Apparently, the lit end of a cigarette, due to its reddish glow, is called the cherry. My friend was lying flat on his back and smoking when suddenly the cherry popped out and fell into his eye.

You learn something new everyday.

Fortunately he was not blinded and now is able to tell other people how a cherry popped in his eye. Considering the alternative, one must wonder whether that is even possible.

Anyway, I am bereft of friends. Pavitra and Shiny packed their Art-School asses off to their respective third-world countries. Never realized how much of a cohesive force Shiny was. I mean, she is the one who introduced me to the Parvation and that in my eyes will always be the best thing she did for me. Except perhaps, one certain New Years Eve party that happened a long time ago. And also obviously the friendship we share.

Shiny had a dinner thing at her house and that girl can pack a pretty good punch with her cuisine skills. I was impressed and ate a laaaaat of food. Also the wine was flowing and we didn’t fear it running out coz, being the resourceful persons we are, there were a few bottles of vodka and Black Cat whiskey solemnly standing about like they knew they had the serious responsibility of being our safety net.

We all merrily lurch into Attica where we proceed to get even more plastered. Eventually, after dancing about in witch-hats and getting felt up by a very suspicious looking character, I get pissed off at my lack of willpower and total failure in being able to keep to a study schedule that would start the next day at 10am, if and only if I left the club at 2.30am. When I finally realize that I am too plastered to even hope I will wake up at 1pm much less at 10.30, I start panicking, consult my watch which inexplicably , in some conspiracy like manner, tells me its 4.20am. I angrily walk out of club and take a taxi home. There have been some wild nights in the past where I would readily admit my inability to remember things but this was one night where I thought I got home with no ‘incidents’ because in my opinion, the fabric of my memory was in tip-top and unstained (obviously by numerous types of alcohol) condition.

But, two things contradict this condition.

1. I met some of Pavs’ friends outside Attica. This is one part I do remember. However, what I don’t remember is talking to this friend about her potentially explosive, when-I-come-back-I-will-attack, love life. I found this out around 2 days later.

2. I woke up to find a large mineral water bottle on my desk. I never buy big bottles and this one had no water in it and neither did it look new. My only explanation is that I probably met someone who gave it to me. I am not a violent person (except perhaps violent verbally) by nature so I doubt it was a fight-thing. I might have, however, got the bottle in return for a sexual favour but that would imply that I saw some value in that bottle and no drunken state is gonna make that dumpy looking bottle look like an Oscar or anything I might have wanted. This does not mean that if I did see some value in an item that was not mine I would offer sexual favours to get it. That is definitely not the case coz if it was, I would be kinda having sex all the time wouldn’t it?

I am never going to know what exactly happened unless some random weirdo taped the whole thing. Sigh.

No comments: