Sunday, August 12, 2007

Intermission

It’s been fucking ages since I blogged! What with work, the preciousness of the weekend or rather, any free time that can be squeezed out during the weekend amidst all the work that needs to get done, and of course general inertia, the blog has evidently taken a back seat.

I do sometimes think about the blog as a living thing which I must feel sorry for if I haven’t posted anything in ages. Imagine little blog personalities running around? So cool! Technically, the blogger’s personality should shine through in all the blog posts (but only if your writing is of a seminal nature, i.e. like mine – especially this particular post). Maybe someone will see this blog post and actually come up with a really cool innovation with regard to blog personalities and make tons of money. I foresee myself hiring a lawyer then and trying to sue the bitch who stole my idea.

Anyway, I have decided not to do my work today and instead postpone it to Sunday. I foresee again that tomorrow I will be in full scale panic but that can wait until later. Life cannot be overtaken by work. I refuse to let that happen all the time. It has been much too long since I have thought about anything other than work and I will have relaxation time. Did I mention I like to have pointless discourses like this with myself all the time?

I had the most fabulous time yesterday. Work was less stressful than usual (could be because my boss has resigned and is leaving in a few days time – sob) and I didn’t stay late. I went to meet up with a couple of friends at Tent, a Mongolian restaurant in Clark Quay for dinner. Awesome food. A must try! I went home after dinner and showered at my own cool pace and left for Clark Quay again. To kick things off, proceeded to meet up with the same group of friends at Café Iguana where the intended substance abuse started. After downing a few shots of some disgusting tasting alcohol (not entirely masked by the blueberry) proceeded to, where else but, Attica! Even though the DJ was having a bit of a identity crisis, i.e. being really sucky, it turned out an excellent evening. After Attica closed at 5am (not too sure about this as this was where the memory started getting fuzzy), went with Mr. Jacob Thomas (funnyman extraordinaire), to Living Room! I wish I could describe my experience better but unfortunately I do not remember it. I only know that I woke up at 11.30pm safely in my bed with the remnants of a McDonalds breakfast on my desk.

For record-keeping purposes, I will list down all the movies and books I have had the privilege of experiencing lately:

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix – B+
Rush Hour 3 – B
The Simpsons Movie – B
Knocked Up – B
The History Boys – A-
Surf’s Up – A-
Die Hard 4.0 – B
Pirates of the Caribbean 3 – B-
Hannibal Rising – C+
Zodiac – A-
The Namesake – A
The Reaping – D
Vacancy – B
Paris je t’aime - B+
Priceless - B
Ocean’s Thirteen – B

And the books:

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – J.K Rowling – A-
The Elephant Vanishes – Haruki Murakami – A-
The Time Traveler’s Wife – Audrey Niffenegger – B+
Monsoons and Potholes – Manuka Wijesinghe – B+
Colpetty People – Ashok Farrey – B

Currently I am reading Freakonomics by Steven Levitt and Stephen Dubner. Interesting to say the least. I think I will use the word ‘fascinating’ when I am done. My next on the list is The Inheritance of Loss by Kiran Desai. I have been a bit hesitant to read this book because most of the people I know who’ve read it, have said it’s not particularly great. But I have to judge for myself.

Alright, this was quite therapeutic, I am off to shower and dinner at Newton Circus! Woot.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The day u came to living room with Jacob, do u remember me calling u a few million hundred times to check if u got home safe? Also when u finally did get home safe, we had bizarre conversation. You were bitching about a certain person's accent that switches on and off when talking to white people.
It was hillarious.

Chaotic Existence said...

interesting thought this... blogging personalities! i envy your weekend! but i know what you mean by fuzzy memory! some the best moments of life (supposedly) lost to fuzzy memories!

Chaotic Existence said...

i went through your profile, and came across one of my favorite books, the moonstone. i'd forgotten the author's name! thank you!!!

the-lines-of-beauty said...

who are u pestilence? i cant access ur profile.

Chaotic Existence said...

my profile is not accessible and at the moment i'd like to keep it that way. though you can go thru the blog, www.sakmc.blogspot.com


formerly Pestilence.